Rehabilitation Services at Covenant Place
Covenant Place is a full-service Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) that offers a variety of lifestyle options designed to enhance personal independence. Our short-term, inpatient rehabilitation program has a focus to enable patients to resume their normal, daily routines as they are recuperating from surgery. Our team of highly skilled professionals–physician, physician assistant, nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, and registered dietician–design custom tailored treatment regimens to meet each individual’s personal needs. While staying with us as a community member, rehab residents enjoy attractive, very comfortable private or companion accommodations.
An additional benefit to Covenant Place and the broader Sumter community is the use of Medicare Part B for outpatient rehabilitation. Individuals participating in outpatient rehab remain in their apartment home, assisted living, or their external residence and attend rehabilitation sessions on campus here at Covenant Place. Residents and other individuals may also be eligible to continue with outpatient rehabilitation after their inpatient stay for continued therapy.
Rehabilitation Services included, but not limited to:
- Orthopedics – total joint replacement, fractures and torn ligaments, arthritis and degenerative joint disease
- Neurological – stroke, spinal injury, Parkinson’s Disease
- Cardiac – open heart surgery, congestive heart failure, cardiac catheterization and angioplasty
- Pulmonary – asthma, COPD, respiratory failure, emphysema
- Diabetes – teaching and treatment, diabetic ulcers
- Lymphedema – manual lymph drainage, compression bandaging, skin care, exercise, compression garment fitting
Covenant Place has a partnership with Heritage Healthcare and is dedicated to successful rehabilitation and recovery. Together, we touch the lives of many residents at Covenant Place through physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
For more information, please visit the Heritage Healthcare website.